Well, hello! I’m Holly Cardamone. I’m Director of Blue51 Communications, and I am a Communications Advisor, a Writer and a Social Media Specialist based in beautiful Melbourne, Australia. Why all the capitals? Well, as the great RB says, I’m kind of a big deal.
Before I really launch into me, me, me, let’s talk about you, you, you:
You have a business, you love what you do, and you’re amazing at it. You’re juggling a gazillion tasks; managing your finances, marketing the b’jesus out of yourself, being witty and engaging on social media, keeping your mailing list enticed and enthralled, as well as actually doing the work that pays the bills. You’re beyond busy- I get that- but what I don’t understand is why you are trying to manage your communications all on your lonesome?
There’s only so many hours in the day. Wouldn’t you rather focus your energies on running your business, not the communications and content marketing and accompanying Writer’s Block that takes you away from your core work?
OK, enough about you. Let’s get to me.
As a Communications Specialist, I liaise with a fabulous team of designers, printers and web consultants to deliver communications services that are targeted, effective, measurable, high quality and aesthetically pleasing. I don’t do niche- I work with anyone and everyone, from start ups and small businesses, to NFPs, peak bodies and large corporations. I do however like working with people who are motivated and positive, who are doing good stuff, and know they need some help shining a light on what they do. I manage social media accounts for businesses across a broad range of industries and sectors, I create communications plans and strategies to enable businesses to achieve their corporate strategic plans and launch their latest and greatest projects, websites, products, events and thing-a-ma-jigs, I’ve written countless blog posts, newsletters, articles, direct mail pieces, social media updates, articles, brochures, flyers, corporate profiles, fact sheets and annual reports, I’ve drafted hundreds of thousands of words of website content, I’ve managed events as diverse as launches, dinners, conferences and seminars and I’ve also managed to have a couple of Blue51 babies, quite possibly my most gorgeous creations.
Whilst it’s in my Aussie-girl nature to be self-deprecating, I feel obliged to point out that I’m pretty damn good at what I do. I’m an unashamed word nerd, with a Master of Writing and Literature and a Master of Arts in Communications to prove it. I use my love of language and my passion for communications to create strategies, tactics and products that weave creativity with professionalism, and visual and conceptual aesthetics with effectiveness.
Want the third person, almost-suit and heels LinkedIn version?
Holly Cardamone is a Melbourne-based business writer, communications advisor and social media manager who works with businesses to promote themselves through beautiful communications. Through her consultancy, Blue51 Communications, Holly provides businesses and organisations with strategic communications support, social media management and copywriting. She’s an unashamed word nerd, a water baby, a voracious reader, an almost fearless box jumper (Google it) and is hands down the person you want on your table at a trivia night.
Here’s some more About Me gold:
- I’m an absolute water baby and am happiest at the beach or by the pool, often MacBook in hand. Oh yes, I like to live on the edge…
- I love, love, LOVE to read, and my library card is amongst the most treasured items in my handbag.
- Oh gawd, do I love food! For years, I had subscriptions to foodie magazines, and would pour over them each month plotting out all the wonderful things I would go on to cook that month. I positively gloat with domestic smugness when I have a fridge full of fruit and vegetables, and I have so many cookbooks that I could cook a different recipe each day for a decade and still have more to try.
- Writing has always held my heart tight and my darling mother still has all the poems and stories I wrote when I was a small child. Almost every piece features a babbling brook. I blame early exposure to Enid Blyton.
- I love feeling fit and strong, so I start almost every day training hard at an ungodly hour at my local gym with a group of funny, inspirational fit chicks, and a couple of blokes as well.
- My first job was dishing out ice-cream at a fish and chip shop in a tiny little coastal town with a population that exploded each summer. It was bliss.
- My second job was scrubbing over 20 sets of dentures in an aged care facility. That wasn’t quite so blissful.
- One sunny Australia Day, whilst the rest of the country was drinking beers and soaking up the sunshine at beachside barbecues, I had a beautiful baby girl. Two and a half years later, to the day, I had another one, just as beautiful. Collectively, they’re the Blue51 cherubs.
Want some more?
I (over) share on Instagram and Facebook. I’m also on LinkedIn (in afore-mentioned suit and heels), where I regularly publish articles on all things communications. Each week, my blog has a brand spanking new post that offers glimpses of what I do and how I do it- content marketing, y’all. If you’d like me in your inbox on a semi-regular basis- easy peasy:
If you’d like some writerly glitter sprinkled over your communications please contact me for a chat.
Psst! If you like the way I’ve pulled together this about page take a peek at my About Page Essentials Checklist: